Great Hall Windows Replacement
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the National Gallery of Canada’s building on Sussex Drive, which although still magnificent is now in need of some maintenance.
Between 12 February 2013 and Spring 2014, the building will be undergoing some crucial repairs, including the replacement of all windows enclosing the Great Hall and the reconstruction of thirteen roof assemblies within the skylight.
All exhibition spaces and services will remain open and accessible for the duration of the repairs, with the one exception being the Café l’Entrée, which will close during the renovations.
Every attempt has been taken to minimize its impact on visitors; your patience and understanding are most appreciated.
• Back to National Gallery of Canada Website •
- Work starts: 12 February 2013
- Café l’Entrée open until: 24 February 2013
- Erection of scaffolding (exterior and interior): 25 February to mid-May 2013
- Glass replacement starts: mid-May 2013
- End of project: Spring 2014
Did You Know?
- The Great Hall measures 43 m (140 ft)
- It is covered by approximately 1,500 insulated glass units