- Janet Cardiff: Forty-Part Motet
- Fischli & Weiss: The Way Things Go
- Gustave Doré (1832–1883): Master of Imagination
- Arctic Images from the Turn of the Twentieth Century
- The Great War: The Persuasive Power of Photography
- Candice Breitz: Him + Her
- Tom Thomson: The Jack Pine and The West Wind
Masterpiece in Focus
- 11am Docent's Choice
- 11am Artissimo
- 11:30am Docent's Choice(in French)
- 1pm Docent's Choice
- 1:30pm Docent's Choice(in French)
- 2pm Gustave Doré Talks
- 2:30pm Gustave Doré Talks (in French)
Weekends and holidays, daily in July and August from 11am to 4pm.
Look at art and make art at Artissimo. Families explore artworks in the Gallery’s collection in fun ways, and then use their experiences as inspiration for art-making. For kids ages 3 and up accompanied by an adult. Included with Gallery admission.
- Art Buddies
- Go on an adventure with one of our Art Buddies. These intricate dolls are detailed replicas of figures in the paintings. Carry your Art Buddy through the Gallery as you find the painting your stuffed friend lives in, then learn more about your Buddy and the artist who painted them.
- Art From Above
- Take part in making a massive fabric copy of a masterpiece from the Gallery’s collection. Join other families as they create on the floor of the Great Hall.
- Super Structures
- Explore the Gallery’s unique building and architecture in artworks. Then make your own imaginary buildings with our impressive assortment of wooden blocks.
- Feely Boxes
- Challenge your sense of touch. Identify the objects and textures in the feely box, and find the artwork by matching what you feel with what you see. Take a collector card home as a souvenir.
- Who am I?
- Our costumes are stunning reproductions of the clothing people wear in our artworks. Try one on, find the matching artwork, and imagine how your person lived. Take a collector card home as a souvenir.
- Sounds Like Art
- Leaves rustling, water rushing, children laughing, a dog barking – our paintings are full of sound. Listen to the sounds on the audio player and plot your own course through the galleries.
- Self-Guided Family Tours
- Discover the artworks at your own pace with our family tours. Search for exotic animals in the International collection and meet neat kids in the Canadian collection. Look carefully, use your imagination, solve a crossword and do a drawing.
- Art making
- Make art with your family in an awe-inspiring setting using special materials. Projects change often and friendly staff is on hand to help you get creative.
- Artissimo Gallery
- The Artissimo Gallery showcases children’s art made at the kiosk and features a looking activity based on an artwork from the collection.
Look closely. Use our teen self-guides to see what artists and art experts have said about modern and contemporary artworks in our collection. Then decide for yourself. Pick up some free leaflets in the Great Hall.